Friday, November 02, 2007

Poetry Gig

Just in case any readers from around Edinburgh don’t know this is happening, I’ll paste details of this Sunday’s poetry gig at the Great Grog Bar below. It’s been publicised via the Scottish Poetry Library mailings, the StAnza mailing, Facebook, Poets on Fire, the Shore Poets, a HappenStance Launch, two blogs, and I’ve sent emails to everyone I know in the vicinity. And yet, I’m still concerned that about 5 people are going to turn up!

A great line-up of poets will be reading in the Back Lounge of the Great Grog Bar in Rose Street, Edinburgh (walk up Hanover Street, turn left at Rose Street for 30 metres).

Roddy Lumsden
A. B. Jackson
Andrew Philip
Rob A. Mackenzie


Sunday 4 November 2007, 7.30pm
Free Entry

The Poetry International website’s UK section has just given a page to AB Jackson. Some good new poems of his there. Check it out!

Nothing to do with the reading, but Richard Price now has a page on Poetry International too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's a quiet night, I'll heckle myself.

ABJ

Andrew Shields said...

Be sure to get full setlists from all the poets! :-)

I'll heckle through hyperspace.

Rob said...

They have nice cushions on the sofas in this bar. When any of us reads a duff poem, the other poets could beat him up with the cushions. If the audience is small, we could beat them up with cushions after the gig, especially if they haven't cheered enthusiastically enough.

Andrew Shields said...

I wonder what it would take for the poets (or the audience) to "take the cushions off," as it were.

Anonymous said...

I may have to premiere my jazz odyssey.

ABJ