Thursday, April 24, 2008

Poetry at the Great Grog - May 2008

I had planned to bypass May at the Great Grog, skipping straight to the 8th June. However, there now will be a Great Grog gig in May!

The date will be Sunday 11th May from 8pm at the Great Grog Bar on 43 Rose Street, Edinburgh. And the programme is excellent:

Alan Gillis (his latest collection, 'Hawks and Doves', was nominated for this year's TS Eliot Prize)
Sally Evans (editor of Poetry Scotland and author of several collections, including her latest, "The Bees," just out)
Barbara Smith (debut collection, 'Kairos', was published by Doghouse Press last year)
Claire Askew (21 years old, poetry soon to be published in the Edinburgh Review)

An updated programme for 2008-09 is now up at the Poetry at the Great Grog site.

6 comments:

Colin Will said...

Woe, woe and thrice woe, as Lurcio used to say. I'll be on retreat in Lochinver on the 11th. Sorry Alan, sorry Sally, sorry Barbara, sorry Rob.
Colin

Rob said...

Four times woe now, Colin! I've just edited Claire onto the list.

But no apologies needed. You've been a great supporter of PGG since its inception.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rob... thanks for adding me here. (I've actually recently turned 22, by the by). I'm very excited indeed about the reading, thanks again.

Unknown said...

Aw, that's a pity Colin - but these things happen. I'm really looking forward to coming over and reading with you guys - thrilled doesn't cover it :)))

apprentice said...

What time do you start Rob? None of the blog bits seem to mention that, apart from an old poster that says 8pm. Is that right?
I'm dropping my son at uni first, so a guide time would be handy.

Rob said...

Yes, it's 8pm.

See you there!