Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Suona per Te

Alexander Hutchison writes:

This is to let you know about an event on the evening of Thursday May 8th at 6pm (note new time!) in the Italian Cultural Insitute, 82 Nicolson Street, Edinburgh. I have been working with Alessandro Valenzisi on Italian versions of my poems – and we will be reading from and commenting on a selection of the poems and translations.

In the first part of the evening Professor Jonathan Usher of Edinburgh University has been invited by the Director of the Institute, Dr Luigino Zecchin, to provide an introductory critique and talk about the poems, and there will be an opportunity to put questions at some point to all participants.

Refreshments will be provided, and members of the audience will also receive a presentation copy of a booklet Suona per Te, printed specially for the occasion.

I do hope you will manage to make it along on the night!

If you are planning to go, can you RSVP the Italian Cultural Institute
on iicedimburgo [AT] esteri.it so they have an idea of numbers.



I certainly plan to be there. It should be really good.

1 comment:

Crafty Green Poet said...

that looks interesting, I'll have to see if I can go along. I'm working my way through an anthology of Italian poetry just now...