Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sunday's Great Grog Poetry Event

I suppose it’s almost inevitable that after a Poetry at the Great Grog event, I will tell everyone how good it was.

But I’m not making it up. Each gig so far really has been terrific and the poetry of a very high standard. I’ve been delighted with how things have gone so far. I need help though! I’m going to try to put a team together, so that the tasks that need done can be done better.

Sunday’s readings – by Tom Pow, Joy Hendry, Margaret Christie, and Elizabeth Gold – were excellent. I couldn’t single anyone out. Everyone read their poems brilliantly, and the audience were blown away, as the emails, messages and phone calls I’ve received today testify.

Andy Philip has written a fine report and Colin Will has agreed with him. I can’t really add much to what Andy and Colin have written.

On Sunday 8th June, the line-up is really strong: Kapka Kassabova, Mike Stocks, Eleanor Livingstone, and Jim Carruth.

I hadn't originally planned anything in May, but... Watch this space.

No comments: