Sunday, June 22, 2008

Magma Launch

Tomorrow, Monday 23rd June from 8pm, I’ll be at the Troubadour Café in London for the launch of Magma, issue 41. I have a couple of poems in the issue, so I’ll be reading them on the night, along with many other contributors. Carol Rumens and John Hegley are the special guest poets.

I’ve recently been appointed associate editor with the magazine (I submitted the poems a few months before this happened). I’m not sure exactly what’s involved in that yet, but I’m sure I’ll soon find out! Magma is one of the best magazines in the UK at the moment and I’m pleased to be connected to it.

11 comments:

Coirí Filíochta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Coirí Filíochta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rob said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Marion McCready said...

This is a really good issue. Jemma Borg's essay is very interesting and I enjoyed your poems, particularly The Look.

Coirí Filíochta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow! Congratulations Rob, well done to you - this is a fantastic opportunity!

Colin Will said...

Excellent news Rob. My copy was waiting when I got back from Elgin - I'll read it in the next couple of days.

Frances said...

I'll be at the Troubadour this evening Rob. Hope to get a chance to say hello.

Rob said...

Got held up in an awful traffic jam and missed the train - by seconds. I even saw it pulling out of the platform as I bulleted towards it! I had a cheap advance ticket, so the railway staff refused to change it for any another train. Damn!!

Sorry to miss you, Frances et al... I'm sure it will be an enjoyable evening.

Rik said...

Damn, that's sad Rob.

I missed your last appearance at the T because my plane was delayed by 9 hours out of Crete. I won't be able to see the Magma Folks this time around either because I'm going to see My Bloody Valentine at the Roundhouse tonight - family duty. Maybe next time, yes?

Matt Merritt said...

Sorry to hear about your train troubles, Rob, but congratulations on the Magma appointment. Always one of the best poetry mags around.