Friday, October 06, 2006

StAnza 2007

The initial participants list for the March 2007 StAnza Poetry Festival has been released.

I am in there. I’ll be reading at a venue with two other poets.That’s just in case anyone thinks I’ll be sharing a stage with George Szirtes, Ruth Padel, Jorie Graham, Jane Yeh, Sean O’Brien, Polly Clark, Mark Strand, Jackie Kay, Roy Fisher etc. No, I’ll be in this tiny place under the ground, atmospheric and intimate i.e. small.

However, I am delighted to be a part of the event. The only trouble is that I have no readings at all lined up before March and I really will need to get into practice before doing that one. So if anyone reading this wants to hire a poet for an evening’s entertainment, please get in touch.

8 comments:

Hugh McMillan said...

Well done, Rob. They've never let me within sniffing distance.

Eloise said...

Congrats! If I'm not in Buenos Aires I'll definitely try and come up to St A and ooh and aah accordingly.

I think you may want to reconsider the phrasing of that last sentence.

Eloise

Rob said...

Thanks, Shug and Eloise.

Eloise, just board that plane or train (unless you're in Argentina). That would be fun! The phrasing was deliberate, just to show how desperate I am for poetic employment.

Unknown said...

Nice one Rob! Well done - getting heard is the important part :¬)

Anonymous said...

Well done Rob.

I'll try I promise.

So close and yet ... etc

Rob

Rob said...

Barbara, Rob - thanks. And Rob, you've got to be there. Can you imagine - you, me, and Eloise, all at the same place at the same time? And StAnza is great fun. I was there last time, purely as a spectator, and had a really good time.

Anonymous said...

Nope I tried, but my imagination, while able to easily conjure up a poem about an axolotl in a thong sipping pink champagne, cannot handle that.

Rob

Coirí Filíochta said...

Congratulations Rob.

If there are no gigs in the offing before then, I would suggest getting on down to the nearest open mic.