Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Poetry Zines

I’ve recently added quite a few magazines and web journals to my “literary zines” section, halfway down the right-hand column of this blog. It’s not that the zines are new in themselves, but they’ve either just created a website recently or I somehow hadn’t got around to including them before.

I’m particularly impressed by the Blackbird web journal.

And it’s good to see that Chapman, Scotland’s top literary magazine, now has a good website, as the previous one was awful (I suspect that was due to lack of funding). The same goes for Poetry Review, as their previous design was a real mess. Much better now (in comparison), although the clash of colours is strange. Is the yellow the main culprit?

2 comments:

C. E. Chaffin said...

Rob, I just ran across your feature in Umbrella. Good work!

Rob said...

Thanks CE. Glad you liked it.