Sunday, December 31, 2006

Water and Wind

Scotland’s biggest Hogmanay party in Edinburgh’s city centre, where more than 100,000 people were expected to join in, has finally been called off due to adverse weather conditions.

The storms are gathering force and in the last 10 minutes, we've discovered that water has opened a crack in our bedroom ceiling – presumably the winds have blown some slates off the roof – and has soaked our bed! I don’t suppose I can really complain. At least I have a roof over my head. But it’s not an ideal start to the New Year.

5 comments:

Scotty said...

Happy New Year, Rob - hope it brings you all you wish for.

apprentice said...

Oh sorry to hear that Rob. We seemed to have survived it reasonably well.

BTW I've read your book, I enjoyed it very much. You've got a good eye for women, and not just in the usual sense - maybe that's your years in Italy, as it's not an obvious quality in Scottish men. Mabe I'm just jaded with over-exposure to my crew, who seem to think filling the dishwater will get wthem canonised!

Marion McCready said...

Happy new year - our new year started with husband reversing the car into a tree branch, breaking the back windscreen, so I sympathise with you!

Rob said...

Cheers everyone. The duvet is still drying out!

Rob said...

Apprentice, thanks for your comments on my chapbook. Although, I admit, I probably am guilty of expecting canonisation for filling the dishwasher.

I'll be saying something about your chapbook soon on this blog. I'm going to do a series of short articles on chapbooks I have read. But don't worry - it won't be negative.