Friday, December 22, 2006

StAnza 2007 Programme

The full programme for the StAnza Poetry Festival 2007 was released yesterday, although tickets aren't yet on sale. The festival has an international flavour with poets from all over the UK as well as the USA, Malawi, Slovakia, Russia, Italy etc.

And as well as famous names, there are ‘up-and-coming’ poets (I’m never quite sure who qualifies for that accolade and who doesn’t), and those who are simply coming, whether up, down or in between.

I am on, under the ‘Pamphlet Poets’ banner in the 'readings' section, on Sunday 18th March from 11.30am-12.30, along with Diana Hendry and Lyn Moir.

In addition, there is the 100 Poets Gathering. I am number 55 in the cute multicoloured diagram, a shade of pale green.

Poet, Colin Will, who designed the website, explains why you should go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's either mint green or pistachio green. Either is a good shade of green to be. Program looks fantastic - look forward to the read-out. Nic

Colin Will said...

Thanks very much for the mention - the Festival will be terrific. Colin

Rob said...

Yes, it looks really good. I'm looking forward to seeing the two Italian poets. I don't know their stuff, but I'm always interested in Italian poetry. And there's so much else on the programme that I want to see.