Thursday, April 30, 2009

Luke Kennard's Street Name

Good news. Salt have recently added an alphabetical search list of authors, which makes finding what you’re looking for much easier.

I just ordered Luke Kennard’s third collection, The Migraine Hotel, yesterday (along with a collection of prose poems, The Bible of Lost Pets, by Jamey Dunham). Should be good.

This article from Gists and Piths is the kind of publicity a book needs – very well done!

Needless to say, I started looking for places that had been named after me and I was initially delighted to find a small Canadian town, Mackenzie, of just over 4,000 inhabitants. I felt quite honoured, and then I read the town description:

“Situated at the south end of Williston Lake, Mackenzie is the gateway to the largest manmade lake in Canada and home to the world's largest tree crusher…”

1 comment:

apprentice said...

Well at least its not Lake Woe be gone.

We Hoods have a host of things named after use, uselessly with disasterous consequences for the ship or whatever.