Thursday, April 09, 2009

NaPoWriMo 2009

I’m doing the NaPoWriMo challenge for the fifth year in a row, thirty poems in thirty days of April. I’ve been dragging myself from bed extra early each morning. So far so good: some very promising drafts, some throwaway ones. The first batch each contain a corrupted line from Gerard Manley Hopkins. I’ve just moved onto a few ‘Underwood poems’. I plan also to write a few ‘nocturnes’, and no doubt I’ll churn out a few bits of nonsense on days when inspiration entirely deserts me. I also plan, at some point in the month, to write thirty poems inside thirty minutes, a high pressure, high speed act of idiocy. I might even post the result to this blog, possibly as a warning to anyone tempted to follow suit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I didn't even make it to the start line, only getting something written three days ago... but you have my admiration for your dedication! 30 poems in 30 mins!?! Feic - can I have some of whatever you're having?