Sunday, September 23, 2007


Ouch! I'm not even sure what tooth it is - somewhere towards the top right corner. Luckily, I have a dental appointment tomorrow at 9am, and not a moment too soon.

I took some double-strength Nurofen tablets, along with two pints of lager. I should have read the Nurofen instructions to find out if it agrees with alcohol or not, but it's too late now. Anyway, I feel really spaced out, as if I'm hovering a few inches above the ground. And the pain has gone, for the moment at least.


Matt Merritt said...

I've only ever had toothache once, about four years ago. It appeared suddenly, I was in excrutiating pain for four days while I waited for the anti-biotics to kick in (at one stage, taking a hammer to all my teeth felt like an appealing option), then my face ballooned and a huge abcess appeared and burst. Not a pretty sight, but the relief was instant and unbelievable.
So good luck.

Rob said...

Sounds nasty, Matt.

I saw my dentist this morning. She did an X-Ray, pointed to a cavity in my top-right wisdom tooth, injected me several times, and whipped it out! I didn't feel a thing. In fact, I didn't even realise she'd extracted it until she insrted gauze in my mouth and told me to bite it to stop the blood-flow.

That's the first tooth I've had extracted since childhood. My mouth is still frozen, but I'm beginning to feel a few twinges now. Let's hope the main problem is gone.

Matt Merritt said...

Glad to hear it's all sorted. It's such a strange thing, toothache. As you said, it's hard to tell where exactly the pain is coming from. I seem to remember Steven Gerrard, in the early stages of his career, having a niggling leg injury which turned out to be connected to an infected tooth!