Monday, March 09, 2009

Launch Of 'The Ambulance Box' And 'The Opposite Of Cabbage'

I’m almost set for The Scottish Poetry Library on Wednesday evening (from 7pm-8.30pm) when Andrew Philip and I will be launching our collections in Edinburgh – respectively The Ambulance Box and The Opposite of Cabbage.

I’ve still to decide on which poems to read from a shortlist I drew up the other day. I have to work out exactly what time I need our babysitter to turn up. Andy and I need to decide who’s buying the crisps and who the juice (the wine is already taken care of). Also, how many copies of the book should I cart along? I don’t want to run out. Equally, I don’t want to be carrying a ton-weight home. Should I practice a new signature specially for the occasion, or will the old scrawl be sufficient? Which scarf should I wear? Should I bring a cabbage as a decorative backdrop? Or would some other vegetable be more in keeping with the occasion.

For anyone reading this within several hundred miles of Edinburgh – it’s free entry, free wine, free snacks, and there’s no guest list, no bouncers and no dress code. Come along and, if you buy the books (or even if you don’t), we will be incredibly appreciative.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go, Rob! Wish I could be there. Look forward to hearing about it.

Unknown said...

Me too, Rob. I would love to be there. Break a leg, but not literally..! Bet you sell loads - bring at least 20!

Marion McCready said...

All the best for Wednesday. I also would love to be there but I'm very much looking forward to picking up a copy of your book sometime.

Space Bar said...

Congratulations and good luck!

(Oh, and always have more copies than you think you might need!)

Justin said...

Great reading, really enjoyed it, and looking forward to reading the rest of the collection.