Tuesday, March 17, 2009

StAnza 2009 - My Plans

I can’t get to the StAnza International Poetry Festival until Friday evening, but I’m staying through Sunday and looking forward to it immensely. It’s a fantastic festival. Here’s what I plan on seeing, although I might not manage to it all:

Friday Evening:
Reading: Simon Armitage and Bill Manhire
Open Mic

Saturday:
Masterclass: Bill Manhire
Poetry Cabaret Reading: Roddy Lumsden
Book Fair (there will be a table with books, I hope, from myself, Andy Philip and Sandy Hutchison – maybe Tom Pow too, I’ll have to check with him)
Reading: Jay Parini and Jenny Bornholdt
The StAnza slam (I had considered entering, but haven’t had time to learn enough stuff off by heart)

Sunday:
Masterclass: Douglas Dunn
Reading: Translated Poets, Italy: Bianca Tarozzi and Elisa Biagini
Performance: Out of his Head (drama on W.S. Graham)

7 comments:

Marion McCready said...

No doubt bump into you over the weekend, at the Douglas Dunn Masterclass at least anyhow.

Rob said...

Great! There might be time for a coffee after that, before the Italians.

Andrew Philip said...

It's a pity I can't stay longer than the Saturday evening, but I'm looking forward to it. My StAnza plan are here for anyone who's interested.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there over the weekend. I plan to arrive Friday afternoon and leave on Sunday-whenever . .. should I book stuff??? I've planned nothing except to be there.

Rob said...

Ross, if there's something your definitely don't to miss, it's worth booking, especially for the smaller venues. They quite often sell out. You can book over the phone and collect the tickets at the box office.

Rob said...

Also, the sessions in which a contemporary poet talks about a poet of the past tend to be extremely popular. If you're thinking of going to any of these, it's worth booking.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice Rob (I really should have been more organized!) I've booked a few events now though so should see you around over the weekend.