Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Utter! And Blackwell's At The Fringe

I hope plenty of people manage to catch some of the Utter! (full programme at the link) shows in Edinburgh throughout the festival, from 8-29 August at Fingers Piano Bar , Frederick Street, from 5.30-6.30pm. I’ll be part of it on Sat 8th, Fri 14th (as MC), Wed 26th, and Sat 29th. I’m looking forward to the Donut night on the 15th with John Hegley, Tim Turnbull and Tim Wells. Poets as varied as Jude Simpson, Claire Askew, Anita Govan, Hazel Frew and Christie Williamson are reading on various dates, and also lots of people whose work I don’t yet know. The whole thing is organised by Richard Tyrone Jones (check out his 'Celery Seller'). Because it’s part of the Free Fringe, it won’t cost you a penny.

I’m also appearing in Blackwell’s Bookshop on the South Bridge on Thursday 13th August from 6-7.15pm as part of the Blackwell’s Writers at the Fringe events (scroll down at the link). The full line-up that evening (all sounds great to me) is:

Caro Ramsay
Gillian Philip
Rob A. MacKenzie
Donald Smith
Robin Laing
Arnold Maran

On 20th August, Andrew Philip will be reading with five other writers, and there are also interesting line-ups on the 6th and 27th. Again, it’s free.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there for the Donut boys.

ABJ

apprentice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
apprentice said...

Doh! I meant to say I hope it goes well. I got my copy of Gutter today and it is a great read, enjoyed your poe too.