Saturday, June 02, 2007

Snakeskin and a Challenge

Be sure to check out the latest edition of online magazine Snakeskin.

It features a Book Fair, with books by such fine poets as Julie Carter, Matt Merritt, Eleanor Livingstone, Jim Carruth, Maggie Butt, Alison Brackenbury etc. You can also find details of how to order their books.

How about a challenge? Order at least two books from the list, read them, and then blog about what you thought of them. That way, the word will spread even further.

As for me, I sent details of my chapbook to Snakeskin three times, and each time, my email came back marked “undeliverable.” So I gave up after that. I don’t know what went wrong.

7 comments:

Julie Carter said...

George Simmers said he's been having some trouble with his domain, so perhaps that was the problem.

I like your challenge idea. I know that George is basing future book fairs on how well this one does at increasing people's sales. I'm leaning toward the Alison Brackenbury book right off the bat.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Alison's Bricks and Ballads, though didn't read it as thoroughly as I should have. She's taking part in that charity anthology project of mine, as it happens.

I'll have to have a look at the others. I still haven't bought Julie's, at that. Shameful!

Colin Will said...

I've got the books by Jim, Matt and Eleanor, and I'll review them on my own blog. I've ordered Julie's through lulu and Alison's through Amazon.

Matt Merritt said...

I like the idea, Rob - I've already got Eleanor's and Alison's, but that leaves me plenty of choice.

Rob said...

I have those by Jim, Julie, Matt and Eleanor - all very good.

I'm trying to decide what to get. I know Alison B's will be good. But I'll have a think and go for two of them.

Matt Merritt said...

I'll definitely get Jim's - I keep hearing good things about it. But there's a lot of interesting stuff there

Matt Merritt said...

Thanks very much for the review, Colin. Just read it on your blog.