Saturday, February 07, 2009

Another Poetry Dream

I never dream about poetry or poets. However, following my Selima Hill dream of two nights ago, I had another poetry dream last night, this time featuring Simon Barraclough. Maybe I’ve started having more because I wrote the Selima Hill dream down.

Simon Barraclough is sitting at a café table, outdoors in the sun. He is with MF, who happens to be minister (vicar) of a church near my house in Edinburgh. The conversation goes something like:

MF – Our organist is going to be away on Sunday.
SB – Well, I’ll play for you. Where’s your organist going?
MF – Some village in the east.
SB – He can play there then. And someone from the village can play mine.
MF – Yes, that’s great. Thanks…

That’s all I remember.

3 comments:

Tony Williams said...

'Some village in the east' - clearly this dream is taking place in the Russian sector.

Unknown said...

Right, I think that these are poems coming to you in the dream world - you could end up with a series.

There's an interesting programme on on Tuesday evening coming, Horizon- Why do we dream, at 9pm Beeb2. Perhaps that might help ;)

Simon Barraclough, Isobel Dixon, Chris McCabe said...

In the words of Mia Farrow in 'Rosemary's Baby': "This is no dream, this is really happening!"