Saturday, February 28, 2009

SPL Poet Of The Month

I’m fairly sure I’ve never been “poet of the month” anywhere, until now. I am Scottish Poetry Library’s joint poet-of-the-month for March, along with Andrew Philip, who will replace me on the SPL front page about halfway through the month. Grateful thanks are due to the SPL for all their support in many different ways.

The SPL have also given me a Poets A-Z page where you can read a poem, ‘Glory Box’, and find out which three books I chose as favourites of one kind or another.

It’s possible (maybe) that some readers won’t know what ‘Glory Box’ is. Well, it’s here below. It’s hard to appreciate how original this stuff sounded at the time. The song brings back so many memories – of triphop and This Life and what you might call a turbulent, but fruitful, period in my personal life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poet of the month, eh - no stopping you and Andy now - vroom!

Collin Kelley said...

Congrats on your poetry of the mont status.

Love Portishead's live album. Wish I could have been at Roseland for this show.