Friday, May 02, 2008

HappenStance on the Road to London

On Monday 26th May, HappenStance poets will be reading at the Troubadour in London. The line-up (although not necessarily in this order) will be:

Martin Cook
Tom Duddy
Eleanor Livingstone
Greg Leadbetter
Rob A. Mackenzie
Michael Mackmin
Helena Nelson
Andrew Philip
DA Prince

So if you’re around London that evening, come along. It should be a really good gig, and I’m up for a pint or two afterwards with whoever cares to join me.

Andy Philip has begun posting poems from each reader - so far, at the link, you can read poems by Michael Mackmin, myself, and Tom Duddy, and more will be added over the next few weeks.

4 comments:

apprentice said...

It looks like a great venue. Good luck with it.

Rik said...

Whitsun Bank Holiday?

Well, it's been ages since I've had a pint in the Colherne a couple of doors down (the Troubadour only do bottled beer, iirc) - I'll see what I might get occurrin' to see you all ...

Unknown said...

What a great line-up. You must be really looking forward to it :)

Rob said...

Look forward to seeing you, Rik!

After the result from the London Mayor election, Londoners are going to need a little brightness in their lives and the Troubadour on the 26th might help! I mean, Ken Livingstone wasn't so great, but Boris Johnson! Over a million people voted for for BJ. What were they thinking?

Over 55 percent of Londoners didn't vote at all, but apparently that's a record turnout. I suppose those people have got what they deserve.